Community Problem Solving Environmental Decisions Handout
- Choose a recorder and timekeeper for your group. The recorder writes
down the group's ideas. The timekeeper keeps the group moving along so you
consider at least five different community members' perspectives and resources for your topic.
- Select and circle an environmental topic for your group or choose
"other" and write your own topic on the line.
- Clearing a wooded area for a construction site
- Pesticide spraying near a school playground
- Building a golf course from wetland property
- Locating land for a landfill
- Dumping toxic chemical wastes near a body of water
- Dredging a local waterway near the shoreline
- Other: _________________________________
- Briefly discuss and define general problems and issues related to your
- Pretend the following community people are available to help define
and explore solutions for the topic. Discuss and write down how at least 5
people might contribute to solving the problem in beneficial ways for the whole community.
City Council Person